What's the Most You Have Paid for a Rifle?

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Thomas, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

Just a question to all you rifle buffs: what's the most you have paid for a rifle? What kind did you get? The most I have ever paid for a gun period, is 3800. This; as you may have guess, is a custom job 1911.
  2. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Rookie Shooter

Just around $500 for an Ak47... Also a $200 Mosin-Nagant, and my dad has a 1911 he picked up for (around) $700(?) and a Beretta 92fs. Mmm, have any pics? I would love to have a custom 1911 someday. If I'm going to drop over $1k on a handgun, it HAS to be a 1911. Haha, they're just beautiful.
  3. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

My brother has a Mosin-Nagant, and it's a well built rifle. There are 2 problems with the gun however. First, the end of the stock is metal; creating a very unpleasant experience on the arm when you fire. Second, the range adjustable sights are metric. If you shoot at a range in the US, all the distances are in yards.
  4. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Rookie Shooter

^ Indeed, it leaves you a bit sore after a day at the range. I think the most fun is letting other people shoot it to see the look on their faces from the recoil haha. We don't shoot very much but we try to make it out when we can... I haven't even been able to really sight it in! I hope to be able to soon so I can finally start landing more rounds on the target.. unfortunately I've been a bit busy with school in the meantime ^^
  5. swagger

swagger Rookie Shooter

$800 for an AK47. Paid such a large amount because I needed it in a short period of time. Was worth it, however.
  6. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

Bravo: You might invest in a basic scope. Does your model have a metric range finder? If not, the scope may not be necessary.
  7. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

The most I have ever paid for a Sniper Rifle was €4,000 that was due to refurbishments, and removing the lead from the barrel and replacing the snapped firing pin.

The most I paid for my Enfeild was €2,500 again due to refurbishments.
  8. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Rookie Shooter

My brother collects rifles he started this hobby back in the 80's. Needless to say his collection is rather large to date. His house is more like a museum, from arrow heads to mounted animal heads. Rifles,pistols,shot guns and other weapons. Anyway the most he has paid for a rifle is $1500 it's a 273.
  9. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

My XCR in 5.56 cost me roughly $2500 Canadian, but it's well worth it. This rifle actually makes me hate AR-15s and all variants in terms of ergonomics.
  10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Man $2500 that is a lot for just that 5.56 assault rifle. I would probably have spent money on something else. Is the XCR rifle better than the AR-15?
  11. AresBlade

AresBlade Rookie Shooter

The most I've paid for a rifle is my Sako A7 Soft Touch Stainless. It cost around $1200 if I remember correctly. I've got an Xtrema 2 shotgun that was more expensive, but that doesn't fit the bill :)
  12. Profit5500

Man seeing that you paid $1200 for a Sako A7 Soft Touch Stainless sounded like a bill to me. Then you had a shotgun that cost more that is something else seeing a shotgun cost more then a rifle.
  13. Amdac

It's not an assault rifle. ;)

With my many years of experience shooting the AR platform (military), my XCR makes me dislike ARs that much more. It points out and corrects the many flaws of the outdated AR-15.
  14. AresBlade

AresBlade Rookie Shooter

That's just the cost of doing Business in Canada Profit. Guns that are much cheaper in the states cost ridiculous amounts here. It's just as bad for Optics, a scope like the Leupold VX2 starts 299 at BassPro and 439 here.
  15. Profit5500

Wait how is the XCR not an assault rifle? I feel confused lol so I would like some sort of explanation. I need to see the XCR in action I probably would find a Youtube vid.
  16. Amdac

The definition of assault rifle is a rifle with select fire capability. This means either semi auto and full auto, or semi auto and burst. Rifles like the AR-15 are not assault rifles, whereas the military equivalent the M16 is.

The media likes to call anything that shoots bullets an assault rifle when 90%+ of the time, that's not the case.
  17. Profit5500

I hate the media for creating the confusion with the term assault rifle. They always make things so complicating when it comes to guns. You explaining how the assault rifle is supposed to be select fire. I would now know this and go around without feeling like a knucklehead daily lol. So if I see something liek a G36 or a Remington R4 then those I should be calling assault rifles.
  18. MisoSushi

MisoSushi Rookie Shooter

My most expensive firearm would be the .223 Ruger Mini-Rancher at $800. I try to find good deals, all my other guns came in at $400 or less. Most of them are also coincidentally Ruger, I guess I like the price with the wood and metal feel of their guns. I've often wondered if I'll ever find a gun that will let me loosen my scrooge death grip on my wallet, but then I realize I should just be thanking my lucky stars I have cheap taste.
  19. saskcop

saskcop Rookie Shooter

$2500 for my XCR-M in .308. Sweet rifle.
  20. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Rookie Shooter

Just around 2 hundred dollars for an old M-1. I brought it off my Dad who had that thing for the longest time without a magazine. I'm not much of a riffle fan, I prefer handguns.