What is your favorite sniper

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by Tersuss, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

Simple question really, for all those pathfinders out there, what is your favorite Sniper rifle and why.

For me it is the WA2000, whilst not one of the best out there statistically, it feels comfortable in my arms and the feeling I get after pulling the trigger is just amazing.
  2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I've always been a fan of the M40A5. It's what I plan to build in the near future based off the same Remington 700 action.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

If I had to pick one, it would be the M21 SWS. Its the sniper variant of the M14 rifle. What can I say, I love the classics. :)
  4. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

I'm big into the old WW1 snipers myself even though they don't have a range that would make them all that accurate, (some not all) but even with the prettiness of those older classic models, there is nothing like blowing a hole through a 4 inch plate of steel lol.
  5. skywatcher

skywatcher Rookie Shooter

I haven't actually held one, but one of the sniper rifles that fascinated me will always be the Knights SR-25. I've heard this is more of a civilian rifle of sorts? I've always been seeing this in a gun store near our place, and it's always been the kind of gun I'd just pause and look at - I'm not even sure if this is good and all, but I like this one, haha!
  6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Well I too have not held sniper rifles in my time. I would really like to use a M82 Barrett sniper rifle. The gun is big, bad, and beautiful and uses the 50 BMG round.
  7. ItsZiggy

ItsZiggy Rookie Shooter

I'm a big fan of the Barrett M82 or the XM500, I'm a sucker for 50 cal, whether it's shooting it or watching videos on Youtube, it's definitely what I would consider my happy place.
  8. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

50BMG is the caliber I am a sucker for too. I would like to have one of those things and see if anyone would mess with me LOL. Those weapons are expensive and if your a soldier you get that for free LOL.