What is your everyday carry knife?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by antoinebugleboy, Feb 19, 2014.

1. antoinebugleboy

antoinebugleboy Rookie Shooter

Mine is the Leatherman Skeletool CX.

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's multitool, but the blade opens with one hand. I think of it with a knife with a pliers, not the other way around. :D

I love this thing. It gets used every day.
  2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I've carried a bunch of cheaper knives over the last few years, but I recently (yesterday) picked up a Spyderco Yojimbo 2 which will replace them.

All I can say is that I love this knife. Wharncliffe blade, S30V steel, hollow grind, extremely lightweight, and this is the sharpest knife I've ever seen. At first I didn't understand the trademarked Spyderco hole, but after playing with this I completely understand. I can flick this open quicker than any other knife I've used.

This knife makes me never want to buy any others, I don't how I could like anything else as much. I'm definitely a Spyderco fan now.

yojimbo2.jpg
    Specs: http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=707
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  3. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

I don't carry anything weighty, just a loop of 10 throwing knives, just in case.
  4. antoinebugleboy

antoinebugleboy Rookie Shooter

Have you tried the zip tie mod? I have it on my Tenacious, and I can tell you it definitely works. I don't know how legal it is, though.

5. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

But flicking it open with your middle finger from the bottom is so much more fun. Every time I do it people get confused on what happened because they're used to using their thumb. :D
  6. -Robert12345

-Robert12345 Rookie Shooter

I don't really need to carry one but I always have a nice switch blade in my wallet just incase, and I take it out when walking in unsafe areas.
  7. RedNeckJiuJitsu

RedNeckJiuJitsu Beginner Shooter

I have a nice heavy bladed Remington folder than I carry for work (landscaping), and another folder of similar size (although I don't know the make or model; it was a Christmas gift from a friend) that I use as my "good" knife, in case I need a sharp knife to cut steak with at a restaurant, or if I get a chance to clean a fresh deer on the side of the road. Both open pretty quick and easier, although the Rem needs a good sharpening...
  8. Jessi

Jessi Rookie Shooter

This is mine:

[​IMG]

It's a Smith & Wesson SWATMBS (Medium Serrated Assisted Open). And yes, that's my hand, which is rather small, so it fits me well. There's a larger version of this one that I also own and is quite nice, for any of the men who are guaranteed to have larger hands than mine.

I found it on Amazon and it's currently on sale for only 20 bucks, which is less than half what I originally paid for it. I actually bought it at a gun show, conveniently enough, and it's treated me quite well for the last couple years.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  9. mmmaske

mmmaske Rookie Shooter

I would love to everyday carry a blade, but I hate that people are scared of knives. When I mention that I carry a knife around, people look alarmed that I carry around a "deadly weapon".

IT'S A TOOL I DON'T USE IT FOR STABBING ANYONE I SOMETIMES NEED TO CUT STUFF STOP JUDGING ME :mad:
  10. Toasty95

Toasty95 Rookie Shooter

My EDC knife is a old, beat up Buck folder. Still stabs and flips out, though! All you can ask for in a knife
  11. GunCon103

GunCon103 Rookie Shooter

Back when I worked in manufacturing I used to carry around a boxcutter along with my grandpa's swiss army knife. The swiss army knife people didn't care about but people would freak at the sight of the boxcutter for some strange reason. It actually almost got me in trouble at a concert because I came straight from work and when I got frisked the bouncer gave me the filthiest glare. After that I started to check my pockets before I left my car.