What in your opinion is the most dangerous game to hunt in North America

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by titohunter, Jul 12, 2014.

1. titohunter

titohunter Beginner Shooter

I think a bear is the most dangerous thing to hunt in America. They can sprint VERY fast at you to be that big and they are very unpredictable. They'll be shy one second and be charging at you the next and they can be VERY fast if they want to be. They also are large enough and strong enough to knock your gun out of your hand if you miss a shot. I think hunting gators or any deadly snake in the swamp on foot and not in a boat comes in second.
  2. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Its an interesting question. Off the top of my head, I'd say the most dangerous North American game would be Polar Bear, closely followed by Grisly.

If you are only talking the lower 48, it gets a bit more complex. Black bear are a lot less hostile than their northern cousins and often bug out rather than fight a perceived threat. Don't get me wrong, they can be very dangerous critters, but they aren't as aggressive as other breeds. Cougars take out livestock, pets, and occasionally people here in PNW, so they might make the list. I've never hunted Gator, though I have a good friend down in Georgia who does, I'd imagine its got to rank somewhere in there. ;)
  3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

I would agree more with titohunter a bear is the most dangerous game to hunt. They are not foolish and they can climb very well. I would make sure to have mister 12-gauge with me.