What firearms magazines do you subscribe to?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by GearZ, Aug 3, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

The title kind of says it. What periodicals do you subscribe to? At the present I receive:

American Rifleman. It comes with my NRA membership and it generally has good information.
    Gray's Sporting Journal. This covers both hunting and fishing, it has great articles and some amazing artwork.

I used to subscribe to:

Guns and Ammo. Its not bad, but the quality declined to the point that it was "meh" inducing. That and some of the op-ed pieces were truly ridiculous.
    Shooting Times. Its pretty good for a "gun rag", but at the end of the day, it didn't offer much value added.

Ones I regularly pickup at the newsstand:

Recoil
    . Its a little "black gun" heavy, but there are some fun articles.
    Handloader: Handloading/reloading is something I've wanted to get into since forever, so I've picked this one up from time to time.
    Shooting Sportsman. Its rare I pick this one up, but its nice to look at the double shotguns that I could never justify spending that kind of dough on. ;)
    Double Gun Journal. Ditto the last title.

Honorable mention: The Journal of Civil Defense. Its not a "gun magazine", but they do occasionally have firearms related articles within the context of preparedness.

How about you? Any you enjoy? Any you consider not work the time/money?
  2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I have a couple freebie magazine subscriptions as part of my NFA membership, but I've yet to actually read them. I only have two so far though.
  3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Guns & Ammo is pretty good and I think I am going to buy one of those magazines at Walmart tomorrow. So glad I got my money from Postloop man that bank transfer from my Paypal account was fast all $110.15 into my account.