What are your favorite hand guns?

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by Thomas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Determined2014

Determined2014 Rookie Shooter

I prefer a glock 9mm compared to a 38, due to the number of bullets , though a 38 is easy to carry than a glock 9mm,but the main ai is the weapon and not the ease of carrying it, so Iprefer the glock 9 mm.
  2. titohunter

titohunter Beginner Shooter

The judge magnum 6.5 inch barrel with a scope and flashlight is all i need. The kriss vector pistol is very impressive though.
  3. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

I have yet to fire a judge actually. I need to ask someone at the range if I can fire theirs. There is always someone there with one.
  4. SS42A

SS42A Beginner Shooter

I've always wanted a Glock as my basic handgun, as my old man used to own a Glock. If I do recall, my old man's bodyguard and close friend owned a revolver as well. I likewise recall my younger brother used to own a revolver too. In additon to a Glock, I also had an airsoft Beretta 93R.
  5. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

&SS42A Glocks can be had pretty cheap these days..............if you got 500 bucks, you can get set up with a pretty decent shooter.
  6. ItsZiggy

ItsZiggy Rookie Shooter

Basically any type of Glock, whether it be .45 or 9mm, I can't explain why but it just looks and feels so perfect to me. Also I'm a big fan of the Beretta 9mm, the classic feel of it is nice.
  7. Jobenvy

Jobenvy Rookie Shooter

Glock Glock and Glock lol

9mm all day long double tap my way through any situation. I can stop a man with a 9mm just as good as with a 45.

Glock for me! 17 model.
  8. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Its hard to argue with a Glock. From simplicity to reliability, it doesn't get much better. And this is coming from a fan of the M1911A1 in .45ACP. ;)
    ally79 likes this.
  9. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

Glock 19 all day every day! All the Glocks are awesome but the 19 is my very favorite.
  10. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

The Glock 19 is indeed a very solid piece. I've shot a bunch of them over the years, but the only Glock I currently have in the arsenal is the model 27. What can I say, they work.
  11. saskcop

saskcop Rookie Shooter

1911 and a close second is the 1911.
  12. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

My opinion has changed drastically since my previous post after having thoroughly researched and played with many options. I seem to lean towards the polymer guns, however Glocks for some reason just don't work for me. I'm not bashing Glocks in any way, I just feel like some of the newer polymer pistols have evolved beyond Glock.

I currently own an M&P9 and I'm trying to get my hands on a Steyr M9A1. I held the M40A1 (40 cal version) and I instantly fell in love. I'll know in a day or two if I have successfully acquired one. I also have a Walther PPQ Navy desire on the back burner. I was actually about to buy it when I was handed the Steyr and it changed my mind. Those sights are just sexy.
  13. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

I love the Glocks even though I never fired them but would love to. Also, I would like to fire the John Razorcat 9mm handgun like the one in the show "Top Shot". I would like to shoot a M82A1 Barrett sniper rifle. The Remington R4 is another gun I would like to fire.
  14. xHysteria

xHysteria Rookie Shooter

Hardballer .45 This pistol is so sleek and sexy, and it gives me a thrill everytime I pull the trigger. I've never had any trouble with it either.
  15. Duggie

Duggie Rookie Shooter

I have a love/hate relationship with my Glock 17(gen4), and a love/love relationship with my 1911 (Ruger SR1911). It's probably just me, and still developing my skills, but I find the Glock trigger to be less "refined" than the 1911. If only I could buy .45 as cheap as 9mm!