Wacky Aesthetics

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by GearZ, Mar 9, 2015.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I need to preface this by saying my firearms tastes are those that are simple, reliable, and functional. Some of my guns are downright ugly, but they work all day long. So, I've never been tempted to "bling" my pieces. I'm also painfully aware of the stereotype of Hispanic Americans (I'm ethnically Spanish) penchant for gaudy guns. Anywho, I saw a deal on some (simulated) pearl grips for my wheelgun and gave into the temptation. No, I won't likely pack it in this state as the rubberized grips worked OK. Posting for the lulz. :p

[​IMG]

Confession time; ever done something aesthetically wacky with your guns? Got a pic? :D
  2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

I feel that reliability is more respectful than the looks. I do love a gun that looks good too in terms of being memorable, but the gun has to shoot well too. I rather have a weapon that is worth my money then to lose the cash with something that would malfunction.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Oh totally. Function always trumps visual appeal. Well, unless it is a wall-hanger, but that is another topic.
  4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Even if you got that wall hanger then it better be something that would be fun to look at. I would like a visual gun that would appear right there in front of me LOL when I need to if that would be possible LOL. Instead, there are guns that have some sort of looks but fire exceptionally well for their make like the Limecat Razor series.
  5. kana_marie

kana_marie Rookie Shooter

I would rather have the rubber grips, as well, but its still really pretty. The only thing I have ever thought might make a gun more fun aesthetically is to buy a pink handgun... And not a .22 either. But being a smaller female who likes big guns I thought it would be fun.
  6. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I know Charter Arms makes revolvers that cater to the female market. They make them in everything from the little .32 H&R to .45 ACP. Pink is one of the colors that is offered on many, though not all, of their revolvers.
  7. kana_marie

kana_marie Rookie Shooter

Thank you GearZ! I'll have to check them out and see what kind of prices I'd be looking at. I wouldn't mind having a different color, either, as long as its girlie. I bet I can keep my husband from playing with it that way. He claims he doesn't care for a .45 but he can't get enough of it when we go shoot.
  8. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Glad to help Kana_Marie. Oh I know about husbands playing with their wife's pistola. I am one (a hub, not a wife or pistola) and know I've taken her Walthers out a (eh-hem) few times. ;)