Throwing Knives

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Jess, May 29, 2014.

1. Jess

Jess Rookie Shooter

I love my Hibbens throwing knives. They are so perfectly balanced. I have three small ones and a bigger one. I'm not a perfect throw, but I am close. Does anyone have a favorite throwing knife?
  2. mmmaske

mmmaske Rookie Shooter

I've been looking into buying a set recently!

How long did it take you to learn? How far can you be to be able to "stick" the knife in the target?
  3. Determined2014

Determined2014 Rookie Shooter

I have this pen knife knives that I use, the ones with a switch on them not sure what they are called but I have four of them, I have been trained on how to throw them, you have to be really good at aiming, but I can not really throw from far yet am still training , but it is very interesting.
  4. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I have some cheap ones that I bought off ebay many years ago and they're fun to screw around with. One day I'll get a real set and take it more seriously. :D
  5. Determined2014

Determined2014 Rookie Shooter

When it comes to throwing knives, I believe that you need special training, since you are doing the aiming and the timing, so one has to be keen.
  6. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Beginner Shooter

Maybe being a country boy who grew up mid-twentieth century puts a different spin on things, but I remember playing mumbly-peg during recess at school, after the third grade. We had to be 4th grade or higher to be allowed to have a knife at school. We also threw knifes at trees. Just part of growing up. Jim Bowie was a popular TV show
  7. TuRon Davis

TuRon Davis Rookie Shooter

I've always wanted to learn how to throw knives. It seems like it can be a life saving skill to have when you don't have a gun. It amazes me how people can do this and make it look so easy.
  8. TuRon Davis

TuRon Davis Rookie Shooter

Who taught you how to throw them & how long did it take you to have it down-packed?