The UTS-15 ...

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by GearZ, Mar 9, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Well, we're already fixed for fighting shotguns, but I have to say this new rig is an intriguing new design. Its a pump-action, bullpup configured, 12-gauge with a capacity of 15 shells. Unlike other designs (e.g, Kel-tec's), the ammunition automatically feeds from both tubes without a manual switch.

[​IMG]

Thoughts on this one?
  2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I considered one of these, but when comparing it to a KSG I just can't come up with a good reason to go this route. The KSG seems like it's about half the size while still holding 15 rounds.

I don't mind flipping a switch after 7 rounds to get a shotgun with a lot less bulk. :D
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Agreed, the UTS does look a little boxy. I would like the system to be around for a little longer to see how the reliability shakes out too.

Anyway, this video review may be of interest:
  4. titohunter

titohunter Beginner Shooter

It has a crazy design but i heard its a pain in the butt. It's definitely attractive though. They say you can't do much with it without it jamming on you. It has the double magazine tube thing though which is nice.
  5. bocat

bocat Rookie Shooter

This fireman is just a pretty face. I shot this thing recently and it was terrible. This is like the worst shotgun i have ever held. I couldn't even get off 2 rounds without something going wrong.
  6. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

What type of malfunctions did you experience, bocat? I've wondered how robust the action is on this scattergun.
  7. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Well this shotgun looks boxy but I think since its the first of its kind there is room for improvements. I think against the AA12 its quite lacking. AA12 would destroy this shotguns anytime.
  8. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

No doubt the AA12 is a better design; reliable, box fed, and full-auto. Alas, in most countries, including the US and Canada, they just aren't available to private citizens.