The American 180

Discussion in 'Machine Guns' started by GearZ, Feb 4, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I can't help but think this is, arguable, they ultimate fun gun. Chambered in .22LR, with a capacity of 165-275 rounds, and a fast cyclic rate. Its too bad FOP86 put the kibosh on new ones. They still make semi-auto-only versions though.

2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

That's an awesome mag design. Imagine that thing for home defense, no recoil and an insane rate of fire. :D
    GearZ likes this.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

True. Nothing quite says "you're not invited" like laying down a carpet of lead. :D
  4. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

Oh my god, that is an awesome machine gun, I love those magazines, i will never understand why all guns nowadays don't use them, I mean it is clear to me at least the benefits using them would have, increased rate of fire, and higher ammunition capacity to name a couple.
  5. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

The top-loading, pan-magazine was a kinda-sorta thing in the Interwar and WWII period, but didn't really see much use after said. This particular gun (A180) was initially offered mainly as a fun gun, though some prison systems (e.g., Utah) picked them up and, evidently, Yugoslavia copied it as a fighting gun. Off-beat to put it charitably, but still a rocking little system. :)