Swiss Arms Confiscated

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by GearZ, Mar 14, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Just a heads up to our Canadian friends. The Swiss Arms Green carbine has been reclassified as a "restricted" item. NFA has an article here in case it is of interest.
  2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

They're actually reclassified to prohibited, meaning we can not legally own them anymore under any circumstances.

That's how screwed up our gun laws are. They expect people to just hand over a $4000 rifle without compensation? But if you don't you're suddenly a criminal and face a 3 to 14 year jail sentence? Our current RCMP Commissioner has seized and reclassified more firearms than anyone else that has held his position in Canadian history, with the expressed intent to ban all legally owned semi-automatic rifles.

Edit: Your link to the NFA just recruited me. I'm now a member. :D
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  3. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

4. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

That's good to hear there may be an amnesty period. Losing 4 grand due to legislative fiat is pretty harsh. Too bad the CZ-858 looks to be banned up north as that is one slick little carbine.

It sort of reminds me of the Akins Accelerator here in the States. It was just a plan old stock (legally) but sold for like $1500. Then it was reclassified as a machine gun by the ATF and they had to be turned in. Ouch for anyone who bought one. In the event someone hasn't seen what these are, here's a vid:

5. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

This is the exact reason gun registration is dangerous. Setting aside the implications of complete disarmament, they know where every gun owner is, and can easily confiscate newly "illegal" weapons. This is such a shame.
    GearZ likes this.
  6. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Amen, to that Thomas. While it may be hyperbolas to say registration always results in confiscation, the track record strongly points in that direction.
  7. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

Exactly GearZ It's scary to know that the Canadian government knows where all the guns are. Truth be told; due to NSA spying in the US, they probably know here too.
  8. saskcop

saskcop Rookie Shooter

The left wing folks in Canada will not be happy until they reclassify all the guns up here to restricted and/or prohibitted. I think that they will have a hard time getting gun owners to turn in unregistered CZ858's and Swiss Arms rifles if it comes to that.
  9. Charity

Charity Rookie Shooter

Wow, that is horrible news. I would hate to see someone try to take a weapon that cost 4 grand without compensation! That is just crazy because who is going to pay the cost for the weapon?
  10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

That gun looks a bit like Ruger from how it looks. I wonder what is the range for that gun? Do you know how fast this gun can shoot as in per minute?
  11. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

It actually is a Ruger 10/22 placed in a special stock. The ATF ruled it an illegal machine gun, though, so it is no longer on the market. Buyers had the option of turning them in or head to Club Fed. The range is the same as a regular 10/22. I don't know what the cyclic rate is, but I'd imagine it is pretty fast considering the cartridge. I know pre-May 1986 papered full-auto 10/22s run very fast, but this design is more than a little different.
  12. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Judging from the look of the vid that sounds like it is firing around 900-1000 rounds per minute since the gun fires fast. I could sit down and watch the video again and see but I could be wrong about the speed of that weapon.