revolver shotguns

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by titohunter, Jul 5, 2014.

1. titohunter

titohunter Beginner Shooter

Are there any revolver shotguns on the market?!
  2. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

I have never heard of one personally, but it's an interesting idea. I always wondered why the US army didn't have repeating rifles in the beginning of the civil war, considering they had 5 shot revolvers. Why didn't they just make revolver rifles?
  3. titohunter

I have no idea why no one has really made any revolver shotguns. I actually saw one i think its called the mts255. The other one is a rifle called the circuit judge i think taurus makes it but i want a shotgun something that's like a street sweeper and a smith revolver had a baby.
  4. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

Street Sweepers are illegal in many places across the US-probably due to the ammo capacity(lame). A revolver shotgun would have no more rounds than any other shotgun though.
  5. titohunter

Exactly, but i don't think the street sweeper was much different from the saiga 12 if im not mistaking. I don't know why they let the saiga slide and take the street sweeper. A revolver shotgun would have the feel of a street sweeper and the simplicity of a revolver it would be perfect. I really don't like firearms with the whole one hiding in the chamber thing which is why i prefer revolvers because you can look through the stomach of it easily.
  6. Determined2014

Determined2014 Rookie Shooter

That is a good question, I have never thought of that, but at je same time I have never seen any.
  7. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Revolver shot guns, eh ... lets see:

Armsel Striker: This is the original South African model in 12-gauge. It had a 12-round revolving cylinder on the standard model and a 7-rounder on the compact version. It was reclassified as a destructive device (DD), so while ownership is legal, its a PITA ($200 tax, bunch of paperwork, yada-yada).
    Streetweeper: This was Cobray's cheaper knock-off of the Striker that featured limited parts commonality with the original. It too is now a DD.
    Ladies Home Companion: This is a hilariously named version in .410-bore or .45-70 Gov't put out by Cobray in the 80s. It is not, as far as I know, DD classified.
    Russian MTs-255: It looks like a fascinating design but, as far as I know, it never made it into the States. The Clinton-era ban took out many models of Russian arms and the recent Executive Order by Obama has pretty much ended firearm imports from the Russian Federation.
    ENARM Pentagun: This is a Brazilian design made in small numbers. I don't believe they were imported.
    Taurus Circuit Judge: This is sort of a stocked version of the Judge in .410-bore and is in production.

Long story short, slim pick'ns these days. ;)
  8. bocat

bocat Rookie Shooter

Yea it would probably have less. Most of the revolver shotguns i have seen only give you like 4 or 5 shots.