R.I.P. Ammunition

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by ally79, Feb 1, 2014.

1. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

Has anyone else seen this ammunition? I haven't seen any in stores or anything but I am definitely intrigued by it. I wonder how much it will cost if you ever do find it?
  2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I've seen it available for pre-order in the states for about $2.50 per round, as far as I know there aren't any on the market yet though. They do look interesting. :D

In case anyone hasn't seen them, here are a couple videos:

3. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

This reminds me a little bit of the Black Talon rounds that were released a couple years back. The bullet expanded in an almost blade-like fashion, making it highly effective. The problem is; due to the liberal contamination in this country, people that used them in self defense were subject to lawsuits. Apparently; when you are defending your life, you're not allowed to use ammunition that is too effective. I'm sure the ammo described above will either be law enforcement only in the US, or be the source of multiple lawsuits.
  4. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

You are probably right Thomas, but I would still like to see them. I don't know if I would even buy them although I am sure that I know several people who would buy as many as they could get their hands on...lawsuits or not.
  5. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I'm going to withhold judgement until there is more tests. However, that said, I'm pretty skeptical until then. That and almost three bucks around—ouch!
  6. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

I have never come into contact with that before that is some rather nasty looking round, I wonder how much it will be when it comes out onto the open market.
  7. Jobenvy

Jobenvy Rookie Shooter

Found them on the internet for around 40 bucks box of 20, so i guess 2 bucks a round. Not something you want to target practice with. Perfect to have a mag loaded and ready on the night stand. Great for a home protection round. I still prefer my speer gold dot over about anything else, but this round does look nasty that's for sure.

Attached Files: