OBAMA AND THE AR15

Discussion in 'Gun Laws and Politics' started by Rand paul, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Rand paul

Rand paul Rookie Shooter

I just wanted to start this thread so that everyone here could state there ideas when it comes to Barack obamas stance on taking away our 2ed amendment rights to bear arms and his scapegoating of the AR15 assault rifle.
    While most gun owners dont own an AR i imagine that many of you on this forum realise that it is all part of his plan strip us of further gun rights.
  2. SCH-120070C4

SCH-120070C4 Rookie Shooter

I don't think the attack on the second amendment will ever subside and the goal is complete gun confiscation. As far as using the AR15 goes I believe they use that firearm because it is strongly linked to the military. To the general yuppie it makes the AR15 seem like a self operating people killer because of that link. The truth is the AR15 doesn't have anything different about it parts as any other gas operated semi auto rifle. The fact that it uses a high capacity magazine and has a room for unlimited customization seems to be why people think its scary. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment and my guns and also open carry and I took an oath to defend the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic.
    dansmith and Rand paul like this.
  3. Rand paul

Rand paul Rookie Shooter

I agree completely.
    You mentioned you took an oath to defend the constitution both foreign and domestic, I assume you are or were military, if so
    thank you for defending our nation. But yes its a witch hunt by progressives and liberals against our right to defend ourselves.
  4. SCH-120070C4

SCH-120070C4 Rookie Shooter

Yes, I was in the Army and got out a few years ago. I decided I no longer wanted to serve a country vested in illegal wars and a government that hates America. I didn't see the need to put my life on the line when I was not fighting for freedom but for a group of billionaires that have the utmost disgrace for human life.
  5. seagram

seagram Rookie Shooter

I used to think like you do, or at least I was worried that my guns were going to be taken away. But what's happened? Aside from some tougher restrictions in some states, background checks aren't government overreach. It helps weed out the people who give gun owners a bad name.

I'll pretend for a second Obama really does want to take every gun in the country and melt it down. Where would that get him? Nowhere.

His bill failed way back in April.
  6. Rand paul

Rand paul Rookie Shooter

To SPH I completely understand, I too appose the wars we are currently engaged in and dislike the political ruling class.

To seagram,
    you said his bill failed in april, the fact he attempted a bill at all shows his hatred for gun owners.
    If I were you I would be a lot more worried about my personal liberties.
  7. seagram

seagram Rookie Shooter

What's he going to do? He's a lame duck president more worried about his failing healthcare initiative. And again, who cares what he thinks? That's why we have three branches of government, one of which is split in half after that. There is literally no way for him to take all of our guns because that's not the way our government has ever worked.
  8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Rookie Shooter

I don't feel like Obama has an intention to take 'all our guns'. That is a huge feat to accomplish. That seems to me like political suicide. If it were ever said outright that his intention is to 'take every gun in the country and melt it down' there would be many people on both (all) sides of politics who would not stand for it. Democrats included.
  9. Rand paul

Rand paul Rookie Shooter

Yes, I no it wont happen but the fact that he and his ilk in the democrats even want to limit our ownership rights is a worrying development.
    I went to Europe recently and there guns rights are embarising, there all sitting ducks.
    We in the USA are the last great hope for freedom.
  10. RedNeckJiuJitsu

RedNeckJiuJitsu Beginner Shooter

While Obama and the dems at this point won't come out and say that they want to take all our guns away, when you look at their stances, that's what they want. And while saying that would raise a ruckus from a lot of people, it also would gain them a bunch of support from many other people in this country. There are a ton of people who feel that guns are too dangerous from average citizens to have, and they can't be reasoned with. So many people in this country anymore have no idea what is going on, or they don't care, so long as they can keep up with the Kardashians. It's disgusting.
  11. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Rookie Shooter

I think it would do a lot more good if the focus and vitality of this was directed at the liberty and freedoms that are being taken from us as of this second. Though I may not be committing crimes I sure as heaven am not a fan of people listening to my conversations and going through my personal things. Whether it's for 'my protection' or not I am not feeling protected.

So, I guess what I am saying is fear/fight/change what is here before you spend the time on what you assume is to come.
  12. RedNeckJiuJitsu

I agree with you on focusing on the present, but one must also keep an eye on the future. What's the saying, that eternal vigilence is the cost of freedom? Most people in America are not very vigilent, and the liberal news media sure as heck ain't helping that any.
  13. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

What really pisses me off is complete misinformation in the media. News reporters love to use scare tactics in order to get their point across, regardless of whether or not there is any truth in what they say. If I here one more person refer to an AR15 as an "assault rifle", I am going to scream. It's not a military weapon! It doesn't have selective fire! It's a SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLE!
    I have also heard people say it's dangerous because it's easy to abuse and convert. Really? So, you want to ban everything that has the potential to be abused and cause harm? Alcohol is easy to abuse and kills far more people then guns-are you trying to ban them? What about cars in general? Fast food? It becomes abundantly clear that it's about going after guns in general, and not what kills. The people in our government want the citizens to be helpless and ignorant.
    antoinebugleboy likes this.
  14. Slacktrack

Slacktrack Moderator Staff Member

I remember hearing a story here in Canada about a rifle being banned because the federal firearms lab said it was "easily convertible to automatic fire" for those with the tools. It took them three days and a full machine shop to turn the rifle from semi to full auto. At that point, I think you could probably just build a full auto firearm. Some people just have an agenda.
    antoinebugleboy likes this.
  15. RedNeckJiuJitsu

@Thomas - Helpless ignorant people are much easier to control. That's why the nobles didn't allow peasants to have swords in the middle ages. It's also why Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Mao, and such all took the guns away from the people and started feeding them lies as soon as they got into power. See also "bread and circuses" from the Roman Empire...
  16. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

As Slacktrack mentioned, Canadian laws are even more retarded. We have a huge list of firearms that are restricted or prohibited simply because they look scary, while other firearms that shoot the same round with the same capacity magazines are perfectly legal. The AR-15 is a prime example. It's considered restricted here, yet other rifles such as the Mini-14, Robinson XCR, Keltec SU-16, Benelli MR1, CZ 858 in .223 etc are all non-restricted. Ooooooh AR-15s are scary!

The Spas-12 shotgun is another example which was added to the prohibited list and confiscated from all previous owners without compensation shortly after it appeared in the movie Terminator. They decided the movie made it look evil, yet any other pump action or semi-auto shotgun is perfectly legal. Yes, our laws are that dumb.

You guys to the south are lucky. :D
  17. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

You guys are all exactly correct. Stalin, Hitler and Mao were mentioned above, and still within what I would consider recent history. This fact alone makes people even more idiotic. I don't understand why people cannot see the slippery slope happening with each new gun control measure. People say it can't happen in this country. Many have made such a claim, to the tune of nearly half a billion dead.
  18. dansmith

dansmith Rookie Shooter

I was in the Marine Corps for four years so I also took that oath, well said too by the way. I'm also a big supporter of the second amendment as is my uncle, he always sets up targets for us to go out to his place and shoot at. I don't really hunt, but I still love my guns, and in particular the AR-15 because of it's strong similarity to the M-16 which was my girl for the four years I was in the Corps. I relied on her almost as much as my fellow brothers and sisters beside me. So I definitely have and will always support the second amendment until my dying day.
  19. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Beginner Shooter

Witch hunts are far more linked to right-wing nut cases than the liberals. Remember, Jesus is a liberal. The conspiracy to confiscate guns is a figment of the right-wing delusional imagination. It will be brown-shirts with black arm-bands going door to door confiscating guns. I took the same oath when I enlisted, when I registered to vote, and when I took a civilian government job. Remember, the second amendment is only one small part of the Constitution. Right-wingers seem to hate the rest of it.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  20. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Beginner Shooter

The biggest threat to the second amendment comes from those who seem to advocate for a gun-totin America. When our shopping malls and city streets become shooting galleries we will see a serious repeal movement. If we ever have people confiscating our weapons, look for brownshirts with black arm-bands. Where were gun rights in NAZI Germany?