Met an H&K That I Really Liked

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by Thomas, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

Greetings all! I have never been much of an H&K fan. I respect their durability; and reliability, but they always felt wrong to me. The triggers feel horrid to me, especially because I'm used to 1911 style. However, I fired one I really liked! Thank you to my friend Oliver, who I occasionally see at the range.

The pistol in question, is the USP Expert. The grip feels natural, emulating the fantastic ergonomics of the 1911 and BHP. The trigger is light and smooth; single action, and breaks at around 4 lbs-very little slack. The sights are dead on, and the weapon is accurate. I want one now!
  2. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I know what you mean. I've never been a huge H&K fan either. However, I have shot the Expert once (it belonged to my sister's boyfriend). IIRC, it was the 9mm variant. This was some years back, but I do remember it be a nice pointing sidearm.
  3. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

Yeah, the ergonomics fell like the 1911, and is has a good trigger; this comment means a lot from me because I'm VERY trigger picky!
  4. 96grandsport

96grandsport Rookie Shooter

I've always wanted a H&K p7. A West-German 80's model here in decent condition can still fetch way over $1k. Just seems to have such a unique and cool action.
  5. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

I have not personally shot the P7. I have heard many good things about them. I don't typically like H&K triggers much.