Marco Rubio Intros Bill To Destroy Operation Choke Point

Discussion in 'Gun Laws and Politics' started by elite1fl, Feb 16, 2015.

1. elite1fl

elite1fl Rookie Shooter

Gun Owners of America has a great article on Senator Marco Rubio introducing legislation to shut down Operation Choke Point. Operation Choke Point is the FDIC and Attorney General Eric Holders attempt to cut all credit and banking relations with firearms manufacturers and dealers, treating them like drug dealers. They are urging you to contact your Senators to cosponsor the bill.

GOA Link - http://gunowners.org/alert02132015.htm
  2. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

It is disgusting that such legislation is necessary. That said, good on Mr. Rubio for addressing this travesty. Here's hoping it passes, though I'm not holding my breath.
  3. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

I am glad that someone is finally trying to put a stop to this. Just because a business sells guns it should not put them in the same class as drug dealers. In most cases these are just small business owners who don't have the resources, namely finances, to fight the federal government.
  4. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I talked to the owners of one of our local shops (FFL/SOT) who I do NFA transfer through and they said they were hit by this practice. They had to scramble to get their accounts taken care of because of the change. It is outrageous that in a free society that this nonsense is going on. I realize the original idea was to thwart illegal activities, but there are a ton of perfectly legal business they targeted.