If you Didn't Own a Gun...

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Thomas, Jan 14, 2014.

1. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Beginner Shooter

Tazers don't always work, either. Study Casteneda and learn how a warrior avoids danger (lots of luck on that). Carry a gun and the one time you think you need it will probably be the time you mistake Mother Theresa for a mugger (that's what would probably happen to me). The gun you thought
    she had in her hand will be a crucifix she was using to bless you. If it were a real mugger, your gun would jam. At least, that's what would happen to me. Ever hear of the law of dynamic negatives?
  2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Yeah that is true too about tazers but it depends on the person you are going against as well. I would carry a revolver since those don't jam like the semi autos.
  3. elite1fl

elite1fl Rookie Shooter

A lot of great suggestions here. I think everyone should have basic self defense moves just to get out of a situation and get to safety. I would want something I could use at a distance like a crossbow. If they're still coming, it's always great to have a bat on hand. A great weapon that anyone can carry on their hip is the trusted Mag light. Never underestimate what a 3 D cell flashlight can do to someone's skull.
  4. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

If I didn't have a gun I would go for a cross bow and a whole lot of knives, or maybe a sword. I like guns because they keep me from having to get too up close and personal with an attacker or burglar.
  5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

If I had a lot of knives I would make certain that I knew how to throw them. It would be advantageous to use a crossbow in a zombie apocalypse since the arrows are quiet.
  6. kana_marie

kana_marie Rookie Shooter

I have a police issue stun gun. It'll knock you on your butt, i promise! Worst case scenario it'll
    Assure me I get a decent head start. It crackles loud enough that I may not even have to use it. Best case scenario, though, I won't even have to pull it out.