How did you get interested in firearms?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by woot223, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Rookie Shooter

I always watched gun videos as a teenager so I was somewhat interested then. I think around my 13th birthday I asked for a Mosin Nagant and got it and then funny enough I got my dad interested in firearms and he has since gotten a 1911, 92fs, and Ak47. My uncle had a shotgun for home defense but I got him further interested in firearms and he has gotten a couple since. ^^
  2. Scottie

Scottie Rookie Shooter

I think it was when I saw the first Rambo movie and all those guns, I feel in love instantly! I was hooked from that moment on!
  3. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

I grew up near a farm and when I was 14 I ended up getting a job on that farm, part of my job was to cull the crows to a manageable level and so I would be taken out onto a hill that overlooked the corn fields, and I would have to pick them off as they flew overhead. When I turned 16 I had gotten into Airsoft and I played for the local towns team as sniper support, I remember the thrill of climbing up trees in my full camouflage suit and raining fire down on unsuspecting enemies. That's when I realized just how much I wanted my own gun, as of now I have the WA2000 sniper rifle and 2 desert eagles (all airsoft guns obviously).
  4. SS42A

SS42A Beginner Shooter

I have been interested in guns when I was a child, but as an adult, I never realized that I would be very much interested in firearms than before. My father used to own a Glock, as he was fearing for his life. He even showed me his gun and ammo. I also visited a military shooting range when I was in college, and that was my first exposure to live ammo. I nearly set my rifle on auto when my superior reminded me a couple of times that I had set it on auto. I also owned various airsoft guns, from a .45 caliber to a sniper rifle and Beretta. Likewise, I have been influenced mainly by movies with excessive guns as well.. In effect, I have been a gun enthusiast, albeit at this late stage in my life.
  5. titohunter

titohunter Beginner Shooter

At first it was because of hunting, so i could stay out of trouble. Then eventually it will get to the point where you realize what kind of world we live in & people will terrorize your innocent family . They have certain guns i feel like innocent civilians need those same guns.
  6. titohunter

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that statement. The world is a ignorant place and these politicians are the biggest idiots in the world but they have them running the world. We're screwed. People think these people are smart because they use proper English and wear suits. When it comes to reality they're idiots.
  7. titohunter

They have no sense and they don't care that's why. In other words we're screwed. I feel people look at the wrong characteristics in these people when they're chosen.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  8. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

Slacktrack, you are referring to the infamous Dianne Feinstein and she is an absolute moron and well known gun-grabber. Hillary Clinton made some equally misinformed comments the other day. To answer the original question, my husband introduced me to guns and now it is a hobby and passion that we share together.
  9. Determined2014

Determined2014 Rookie Shooter

I first realized that I was interested in firearms, when my ex husband started becoming very abusive to me, he was stalking me and the police department adviced me to get a weapon because he had become very risky man.
  10. latoya0511

latoya0511 Rookie Shooter

My grandfather always kept guns around. He would buy me and my brother bb guns all the time. We would be in the backyard shooting at cans. It became more serious when we shot out first shotgun. I have been crazy about guns every since then.
  11. wbsrdtv

wbsrdtv Rookie Shooter

I got interested in firearms when I joined the Army National Guard in 1996 in Boot Camp and picked up a M-16 for the first time. The more I used the M-16 the better it began to feel. I became so use to cleaning it and firing it I did not want to put it down.
  12. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I was a country boy and therefore was around them since an early age. The first thing with a trigger I ever shot was Daisy BB gun. The first actual firearm I shot, and this will seem like a weird one, was a Spanish service pistol (Astra) in 9mm. When I was older (teenager), I had a couple .22LR rifles and a single-shot shotgun. I hunted and fished with friends in High School and they are pleasant memories.
  13. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

I got interested in firearms since they were in movies like the The Terminator when I saw Arnold using all those guns like the uzi and the spas 12 shotgun against the police it hooked me. I definitely wanted one so bad and even now I have not had my chance to fire one. I hope to fire one soon so I can have that experience.
  14. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

I think that this lady is smoking some bad pot if she thinks that a 30-round magazine is going to just be empty. People would obviously know you can reload the weapon and keep firing.
  15. CpXi7z1

CpXi7z1 Rookie Shooter

I don't remember when I first considered buying a gun and practicing shooting, but it's something that crosses my mind often. We live in scary times that could lead to a SHTF fan situation. As part of prepping, I want to buy a gun. What are some lightweight, easy-to-use guns that are good for beginners? What are good targets for new shooters?
  16. CpXi7z1

CpXi7z1 Rookie Shooter

You are so fortunate to have a husband you can learn from. I wish I knew someone who could teach me about guns and shooting.
  17. CpXi7z1

CpXi7z1 Rookie Shooter

Any gun can be deadly in the wrong hands. Whether it shoots one round or multiple rounds, a crazy or disgruntled person can gun down many people before either committing suicide or being gunned down by police.