Hit me with those laser beams ...

Discussion in 'Weapon Attachments' started by GearZ, Feb 16, 2015.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

... sorry, I couldn't help myself. Anyway, I've done the laser thing a very small number of times (once on a carbine and another on a small automatic pistol), but it is not really a modification I've had a lot of experience with.

Anyone played with them? What do you recommend? Which do you avoid? Is there any way I could mount one on my Super Shorty?

Thanks!
  2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I've been doing research on this topic myself lately since I'm looking for a pistol light/laser combo. The big names I seem to keep coming across are Viridian, Streamlight, and Crimson Trace. I'm probably going to go with Viridian myself because I like their designs, but I'm a little worried about all the complaints I've seen lately on quality control.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Though I've played with a couple, I too am pretty new to the laser thing. I know the bottom end ones are pretty bad by all estimations, so I'd rather not go with bottom dwellers. I've found a few green lasers with remote switching technology today that look interesting. They mount via Picatinny rail, so they should work with many systems.
  4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

I would want to play with a laser sight when I get out to the range. I think the green laser sights look awesome and they look better than the red laser sights. Sooner I would be looking for that railgun LOL.