Gun free food places

Discussion in 'Gun Laws and Politics' started by titohunter, Jul 13, 2014.

1. titohunter

titohunter Beginner Shooter

Do you know gun free zone food places get robbed more than the ones where they allow guns? Why don't people realize letting permitted carriers carry in more places decreases crime???
  2. Toasty95

Toasty95 Rookie Shooter

I think everyone knows that, besides the Libturds. They just think that by letting CCL's in, they'll shoot up the place when they get 3 chicken fingers in their tray instead of 4
  3. GunCon103

GunCon103 Rookie Shooter

The guys carting around assault rifles on their backs certainly don't help the cause. I mean they have a right to thanks to the founding fathers but I'd prefer to step lightly around the soccer moms and 'THINK OF THE CHILDREN' types to avoid complete banning due to government overreaction. I will tell you though, nobody wants to mess around near the guy with an AR-15. Usually it's just some troll shouting comments from a distance.
    thomas pendrake likes this.
  4. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Beginner Shooter

Where do those statistics come from? What about the danger of getting caught in the crossfire between two guys thinking that the other guy drew first? Drive by shootings occur where people think someone has a gun. Gangsters carry guns because other gangsters carry guns. Yes, if you show up at my house brandishing a gun you will probably leave in a body bag, but I don't plan to show up at your house with a gun. And the NRA is the greatest danger to gun rights in America.
  5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

The trolling gets old though I agree with you there. I just think walking around Walmart with your AR-15 looks dangerous.
  6. Rhoda DEttore

Rhoda DEttore Rookie Shooter

I think the statement about the AR-15s is correct. I think those who are overly aggressive play right into the hands of the gun lobby. They give them something tangible to point at and blame. "See! That is what will happen to America! Every lunatic will be toting an automatic weapon!" Why do that? When you can easily show them, "Yes, I own weapons, I am responsible, and my weapons do not hurt anyone. I am a xyz and a pillar of the community with my volunteer service with xyz organization." That is what they cannot combat.

There was a documentary a couple years ago, Fully Automatic America, that compared legal gun events in Knob Hill Kentucky to the violence in Camden NJ. Camden looked bad, but the way the show was shot made anyone who carries a legal weapon look like a bunch of hillbillies using flame throwers and teaching their kids that guns are great. Many found this movie to appear unbiased, but I looked at them and thought, "Wow, what a way to show good people as fanatics." Just my opinion though. So it is a matter of both people's behavior as well as the way the media portrays it.