Do you think gun are too easily accessible?

Discussion in 'Gun Laws and Politics' started by Scottie, Feb 20, 2014.

1. GunCon103

GunCon103 Rookie Shooter

It's one of those circular problems. Guns are easy to get, they eventually get into the hands of the wrong people through theft or owner stupidity, more guns are used in crimes, gun restrictions tighten up. The problem then leads to the average joe having a tougher time getting a hold of a gun and the criminals still able to access guns through ill-gotten means.

There needs to be obvious checks against violent felons and certain people with mental issues but it's too late for sweeping banning. The seeds have grown up.
  2. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrake Beginner Shooter

I doubt that the image shown above is based in reality, since the U.S.has a considerably higher homicide rate than that shown on the map above. There are also other factors, such as economy, that affect murder rates. Compare the U.S. to countries with similar socio-economic conditions and you get a different picture. If you were to plan to rob a house in which you suspect that the homeowner may be armed would you do so unarmed? Few burglars carry guns in countries where gun ownership is rare.
  3. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I challenge you to find a legit source stating the opposite, that countries with more strict gun laws have lower crime rates.

What I posted is actually fact. I can provide many, many sources stating the same thing.
  4. Rhoda DEttore

Rhoda DEttore Rookie Shooter

At first the map shocked me, but the countries with the most homicides are in Latin America with the drug cartels, and Africa will the civil wars. So to me, that makes total sense. I want to know where these kids get the guns. I read somewhere that a few of the kids bought them online, which does not surprise me at all, as you can get anything online. Perhaps there is a way to ban internet sales unless an appropriate check/ID is done.