Do you reload shotgun shells?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by GearZ, Mar 25, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Hello all. I've been watching some Youtube videos on shotgun shell reloading and it looks pretty straight forward. I've more or less not bothered with it as, up until recently, shotgun shells were a dime a dozen. Now with the ammo weirdness here in the States, combined with higher costs, its looking more attractive.

So, do you roll your own scattergun shells? Do you save much? Is the time investment worth it? Thanks!
  2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

I never used guns before but I know that you can roll your own shells which looks like its cheaper to do so. I think its easy depending on what your doing with the shells.
  3. MIKE TALASKI

MIKE TALASKI Rookie Shooter

shotgun shells are easy to reload you just have to make sure that you have the correct powder and bushing(amount of powder and select the correct wad for the load. I use a MEC reloader and they are fairly inexpensive. It is better than watching tv to load your own.
  4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

What does MEC stand for MIKE TALASKI? I do not know too much about reloading guns. I wish I could give more of a feedback, but I cannot since I do not have any firearms.
  5. kana_marie

kana_marie Rookie Shooter

My dad used to pay my children 5 cent for every shotgun shell they brought him from his backyard. He loved reloading them. It wasn't just about saving money for him. That being said, he saved a ton of money once he started reloading. For me personally, it would depend on how many I use. Unlike my dad, I don't skeet shoot. The only time the shotgun gets pulled out is when we have animals in the yard that don't belong there. Living out in the country we never know what will try to eat our chickens. Or our cats, for that matter.