CZ Skorpion on the way!

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by GearZ, Jan 25, 2015.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Late last week I won an auction for a CZ Skorpion handgun. It is chambered in .32 ACP and fires from a 20-round magazine. I am seriously considering filing a Form 1 to built it into a short-barrel rifle (SBR) configuration. The stocks are widely available, but the mounting hardware appears to be spotty. Anywho, I will post pics after it arrives at my FFL this week and a range report when I can. :)
  2. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

Nice, I demand pictures! :D I didn't even realize that gun was made by CZ.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

(hehe) Below is a pic from the auction. When it gets to my FFL this week (hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday), I'll create some more. I went ahead and ordered a couple extra twenty rounders for giggles. So looking forward to plinking with this little zipper. :D

[​IMG]

P.S. It looks like CzechUSA has stocks. I can't tell if they include the mounting hardware though, so I need to drop them a note. Also, due to the "constructive intent" horseplop in US law, I really need to wait to order them until my Form 1 is approved. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to SBR this little blaster, but dang, I'm tempted. Very tempted.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Sweet that is the CZ Scorpion that I know about. Those 20-round magazines look pretty awesome. I just want to know if you have shot the gun?
  5. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Woohoo. Picked up the CZ today. Same day, at a different fun store, my tax stamps came in. I'll post that in the correct thread.

[​IMG]
  6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Darn darn darn man I wish I had the money to buy that gun too. CZ is not seen in too many games. It makes me want to use that Scorpion EVO 2003 version.
  7. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Yah that new Evo in 9mm would be the bomb diggity in SBR format. Well, I'd like the buzz gun version, but since it was built post May 1986, that ain't happening. ;)

The NFA dealer I picked my goodies up from today tried to sell me a transferable Uzi. Sounds neat, right? Totally, until he said it was $15K. Neat, but not that neat. I'm pretty sure my wife, who parenthetically is a damn good shot, would not approve.
  8. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

That's just sexy. I just realized that we can actually get them in Canada, but the mags need to be pinned to 5 rounds. Kind of defeats the purpose.
  9. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

That is cool they are available. It would a pretty bulky gun for only a five shot mag though. I know they make 10-rounders, but am not sure if that would be Kosher up north. Somewhat bizarrely, this one had all the accessories in place (case, holster, sling, 2 20 round magazines, manual, etc.), but was missing the factory 10-rounder. Obviously not a deal stopper, just weird considering the condition everything else is in.