Brass Knuckles?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by GearZ, Dec 9, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Am I the only one that dins brass knuckles neat-o? They are so shiny and 80s-ish. Alas, they are heavily restricted in my home state. I can and do legally carry a .357 Magnum on me, but transporting metal knuckles is verboten. Makes a lot of sense, I know.
  2. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

Brass knuckles are kind of cool and I have no idea if they are legal here or not. I wouldn't consider them as a first choice weapon or anything because I prefer to keep potential attackers at arms length and not face to face though.
  3. Jobenvy

Jobenvy Rookie Shooter

100% feel the same way while they look really neat o badass and all that, just being that close in same as using a knife. If someone is trying to harm me with a knife or knuckles (even another firearm) id rather have that distance advantage.
  4. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

To be sure, they are not a serious defensive tool, for most. If someone is intent on doing me harm, the defensive tool will be a handgun or a shotgun. I just think brass knuckles look cool and are kind of retro. A novelty at best, no less and no more. Pity they are so heavily regulated in some states.
  5. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

They do look cool, and I don't think that I have ever actually seen them in person. My husband said he had some when he was a teenager but he never used them or anything. Just a cool "toy" for him.
  6. CpXi7z1

CpXi7z1 Rookie Shooter

In the event of an SHTF scenario, guns would serve better because of the greater distance between intended victim and foe. However, having brass knuckles in the event of a hand-to-hand fight for survival would prove beneficial. The more weapons and items one can use as a weapon, the greater one's chance of survival.
    SS42A likes this.
  7. kana_marie

kana_marie Rookie Shooter

They're really cool looking. But I don't think I would ever use them. They aren't something I'm going to carry around with me on any given day and I don't leave my house just looking to fight someone. If I can't hit them hard enough with my bare fist then I'll take the a**kicking that's coming to me. If they take it to the next level where I have to have a weapon then I have my knife or gun
  8. SS42A

SS42A Beginner Shooter

Indeed. In addition to being geared up for survival, a keen sense of peripheral vision and paying attention to your surroundings are required as well. Even if you have a pair of brass knuckles and are knowledgeable in using them, it wouldn't mean a thing if your foe has some back-up and you are caught unaware. If you have a gut instinct that your surroundings are unfamiliar and SHTF, it's best to prepare yourself in case worse comes to worst.