Blow darts

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Rhoda DEttore, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Rhoda DEttore

Rhoda DEttore Rookie Shooter

This sounds like a crazy weapon, but my brother bought me a blow dart gun from a gun show when I was a teenager. I think he thought it was funny when he tried to get me to try it. But once he set up a target and kept moving it back further and further, he was shocked it's potential. One night, someone tried to climb through my window, and I had it on my nightstand. I got that guy right in the neck and he drew blood and ran away. The cops were able to catch him, partly because of the scrapes on his neck. One strike for the good guys!
  2. PvtParts

PvtParts Rookie Shooter

That's pretty badass right there. How much are those things and where do you buy them? I was thinking about maiming trespas--- I mean, playing with blow darts in our backyard too.
  3. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

You must be really good at it to be able to hit a target like that. I have never even seen them other than on TV but occasionally you will see someone make their own on a survival show.
  4. SS42A

SS42A Beginner Shooter

Blow darts are a less lethal alternative than a regular pistol, but in the right hands with the right training, it can be just as useful. It's also an effective weapon for self-defense as well as defense against burglars. At least, the burglar isn't killed, and you can prove that you acted in self-defense.