Belt-Fed, Full-Auto Shotgun ...

Discussion in 'Machine Guns' started by GearZ, Mar 4, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Now this one has to be a kick in the pants (er, shoulder as the case may be) to play around with. It looks like this guy built a belt-fed upper for a registered M16 lower. If nothing else, you've got to admire the ingenuity.

2. Slacktrack

Slacktrack Moderator Staff Member

I can only imagine how expensive that would get if you loaded it up with a belt of slugs. That's pretty awesome! I wonder if he had to custom make the belt for the shells?
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I would imagine the belt is custom made. It appears to be fabric and non-disintegrating, sort of like late 19th machine guns. Running birdshot or bulk packs of buck wouldn't be too spendy, but much else would have to put a pretty sizable dent in the old wallet. ;)
  4. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

The ingenuity of that man is absolutely mind boggling also I would not be the poor so and so to ever be in front of something like that, there'd bbe nothing left if you did, although I could see a lot of jamming issues with that particular gun.
  5. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

True that. The upper kind of looks like a Franken-1919 machine gun, but the overall shape and size makes me think he made it from scratch.

LOL! Very true. I don't want to stand in front of any firearm when it goes bang, but a shotgun buzz-saw ranks pretty high on things that I really don't want to be downrange of. ;)
  6. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

I
    could only imagine something that terrifying being shot at me, makes you shudder somewhat, I would love to fire one myself and just see how quickly targets just disintegrate.
  7. Slacktrack

Slacktrack Moderator Staff Member

I would love to see how he made the feed mechanism for that thing. The pawls must be monstrous!
  8. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

I agree, it would be interesting to see how he made the feeding mechanism, but as I said in an earlier post it seems to jam quite a bit, either that or he is just moving the empty ammunition feed out of the way so it doesn't get caught.
  9. lolinternets125

lolinternets125 Rookie Shooter

That is insane! The guy who made that is a very skilled machinist for sure. It looks a lot like the mk19 grenade launcher without the box magazine and it sounds even more awesome.
  10. dansmith

dansmith Rookie Shooter

I definitely agree with you, the ingenuity to craft something like that is amazing. Also, like what you said, the kick must be enormous though. I still like the idea and ingenuity though of crafting something like this. I think he should use this as resume material for finding job in the R&D field of making new weapons.
  11. -Robert12345

-Robert12345 Rookie Shooter

Looks awesome, I'd love to be able to fire big guns like that. Unfotunately all I've ever fired is a pistol