Bayonets or not?

Discussion in 'Weapon Attachments' started by GearZ, Nov 5, 2014.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Other than a couple historical pieces I owned years ago (Mauser 98 and Mosin), I never really have done the bayonet thing. However, a guy I know who I generally respect in all things gun-related mounts a bayonet on his home defense shotgun. I will, and have, put lights on my smooth-bores, but I just can't see going there with a bayonet.

What say you? Is this something that you could see doing?
  2. Jobenvy

Jobenvy Rookie Shooter

Hell go for it why not? I remember when i first joined the Army LRS teams my detail was helping out the armorers. While doing inventory i stumbled across a cage full of OLD Vietnam style remmy 870's these things were tuff looking and super MEAN! Bayonet lugs up front fat hefty heat shield. Wood stock made of OAK. Steal but plate. What i wouldn't give to have one of those shotguns. If i saw one (that military style) for sale id grab it quick, but ive yet to see any around my gun shops.

Some pictures of what those remmys like i saw that day 22 years ago lol

Attached Files:

3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Daaaaaang. Those old beauties with the handguards, woodstocks, and bayonets. One has got to love the classics.
    Jobenvy likes this.
  4. Charity

Charity Rookie Shooter

I have an SKS that has the pig sticker on it. It is very easy to use and the way that it mounts over the barrel and slides back is nice as well. Just have to make sure your fingers are not in the way when it is time to close it.
  5. ally79

ally79 Beginner Shooter

Well in everyday polite society I don't really see the need for the bayonet other than that it might look cool on a wall mounted gun, but I can't really see any practical applications for it. However, if we ever end up in a zombie apocalypse they could come in super handy!
  6. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Me neither the bayonet just reminds me of the old Civil War rifles how you had to charge up that close with the bayonet and hope that you did not get blown away by the cannon. I think that in modern warfare you would be dead. I cannot see any modern soldier would use the bayonet.