Ammunition Stockpile

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Thomas, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

Do any of you have a substantial supply of stockpiled ammunition? I currently have less then 1000 rounds, but 600 of those are .9mm. I'm not intending to over through the government or anything, I'm just waiting for my sole .9mm to come back from the smith :eek:
  2. Slacktrack

Slacktrack Moderator Staff Member

I've got about 1000 rounds of .22 in the safe plus 500 or so rounds for my SKS. Probably got 40 or 50 rounds of buckshot too. Sometimes you find deals on ammo you just can't pass up!
  3. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

I completely agree. My credit card really comes in hand when I see such deals. Good thinking with the .22 by the way. That particular caliber is still somewhat hard to find, and expensive when you do.
  4. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I wouldn't say I have a substantial supply, but I do have some socked away. I really wish I bought more .223 Remington / 5.56mm before the prices went gonzo. :confused:
  5. Amdac

Amdac Administrator Staff Member

I probably have between 4000 and 5000 rounds currently. The breakdown is roughly:

3000 - 4000 x .22LR
    750 x 12 gauge

If you ask me in a couple months it will be a whole other story. I'll be buying a new caliber rifle shortly which will likely come with an additional large stockpile.
  6. Philosophydaddy

Philosophydaddy Beginner Shooter

I don't have much of a stockpile. I've got around 100 rounds of 9mm and around 80 rounds of 20ga birdshot. I get ammo when I can but prices are pretty up there and I'm slightly strapped for cash at the moment.