Aguila Mini-Shells?

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by GearZ, Feb 3, 2015.

1. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Has anyone used the Aguila brand mini-shells for 12 gauge? They look like they'd be recoil fun, though I have my doubts how well it will cycle in a Mossberg. They'd work fine in a SxS of course.

Thanks for any info.
  2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Decent Shooter

Well I did not think there was such thing as mini shells. I grabbed a link for a photo to see what they look like and man that is small.

Here is a pic that I found of the minishells below

[​IMG]
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Everything I read indicates they don't cycle well in the Mossberg system, so I went with the Centurion Mini-buck instead. It cycled just fine through a Mossberg pattern Super Shorty, so it should work in its bigger cousins.
  4. Profit5500

Huh I guess some company shotguns do not fare off well in that part of the world. Do some of the reports say that the shells do not fit in very well with the Mossberg shotguns? Were the Mossberg 500 the ones that had this main problem?
  5. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

If you mean the Aguilas, they are pretty well documented to no cycle well in the Mossberg 500 or Remington 870. I'm not sure about the Centurions. The box first box I ran through cycled fine. The second had a couple hang ups. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to shoot some from a SxS to see how they handle.
  6. Profit5500

How bad were these hang ups? If that is the case then I guess just have to stick to the company brand of shells for the specific shotguns.
  7. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Nothing real bad. Just a misfeed on the lifter. For casual shooting, it is no big whoop. I wouldn't bank on them as a defensive load, unless it was in a double.
  8. Profit5500

Oh that lifter had issues huh. That is not good but if the gun works with no other major issues then that is good. That just means those mini shells were a nono.
  9. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Indeed, it cycles fine with standard 2¾" shells. The malfunctions were nothing to worry about whilst blasting away at a range gong. For anything that would require rock-solid reliability. I also can't imagine the short shells would have any problem in a double.
  10. Profit5500

As long as you do have those groupings especially if they are about a few inches from the target board. I too prefer reliability if the weapon like a HK416 comes out that way. Accuracy is also important too since you got to hit that target.:D