A .22 Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by Thomas, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Thomas

Thomas Decent Shooter

I read a report, that many retailers actually have far more .22 ammo then they lead on. This of course, is an effort to squeeze more money out of their customers. I don't know if this is true; certainly not for business that have not raised their price. What are your thoughts?
  2. Tersuss

Tersuss Beginner Shooter

They don't necessarily have to raise their prices for this to be true, after all the whole law behind determining prices is along the lines of supply and demand, as such they can have a stable price yet have 3 or 4 times the amount of ammunition that they are letting on, especially considering that when buying ammunition in bulk the overall price becomes reduced.
  3. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

I don't really know either way. I'm finally seeing .22 available at some places though, granted, the costs are still pretty nuts. I do know I wish I had bought a pallet load before this most recent price wackiness. ;)
  4. Slacktrack

Slacktrack Moderator Staff Member

I found a thousand rounds of .22 locked in my safe that I had forgotten about. It was like Christmas all over again! At least .22 ammo is still easy enough to find in Canada.
    GearZ likes this.
  5. GearZ

GearZ Decent Shooter

Good deal on discovering an unused box of ammo. That's a way to brighten one's day.

I found a decent deal on some Aguila .22LR recently and snagged some. The prices were certainly no where near pre-panic levels, but reasonable enough to stash some away.